Julia

Julia

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update


I am sorry for not keeping up with the blog. I don't think I have to many people waiting for my pearls of wisdom about Mexico or anything else for that matter. But, if you have been waiting for another entry I am sorry for the long delay.

A lot of things have gone on since the entry previous to this one. One is my best friend told me she can't move to Mexico as her company wouldn't like it and wouldn't pay her for traveling to and from Mexico. This has put a crimp in my plans to move to Mexico. I also tired of living in a 5th wheel RV and with my best friend we bought a small ranchito about forty-five miles east of Dallas.

Life has had a few twists and turns since buying the ranchito. First I was very ill since moving to the ranchito. The illness was a feeling of being very tired, extremely tired I couldn't work but for a few minutes a day outside in the Texas heat. I felt very frustrated and scared. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Before moving here I had many tests and visits to two doctors who found nothing wrong. On the weekend of July 4th I went outside to feed the animals and I had a sharp pain in my chest. I was doubled over in pain, I was really scared. I slowly made it inside the house and could only get as far as the couch and I laid down because I couldn't go any further. I couldn't reach my cell phone or my nitro tablets in my purse either. I just laid there and waited for ..... well to see if I would live or not. After what seemed a half an hour I felt the pain slowly recede. I made it to my purse and took some medication and shortly felt better, not great but better. I had an uneasy night; worrying myself about what was happening and wondering what to do.

The following day I talked it over with my neighbor across the road-he is an EMT. He said he would have called 911 and sent me to the hospital. He suggested that if it happened again to do that. As my luck would have it the following day I felt pressure and a little pain in my chest. I didn't call 911, I drove myself to the local hospital. they did tests found some blockage in my heart arteries and kept me over night. They called my cardiologist and made an appointment for me.

When I saw the cardiologist he did some test right away and confirmed a blockage. He told me I was being set up for an angioplasty at Baylor Heart Hospital in two days time. I had just enough time to have my pets put in a kennel and make arrangements with the neighbors to take care of the live stock. The angioplasty went well and I am now the proud owner of a stent in my heart artery, that makes three stents so far. I have been in recovery since the angioplasty July 10th.

I sold the live stock it was just to much for me to take care of, the idea of being a rural gentlewoman farmer/rancher faded fast with my medical problems. I discussed our choices with my best friend and partner in the ranchito and we decided to take a trip to Florida and get away for a while, also to see if there might be a house there that we could buy and move there. My reasoning at the time was I would have a wider choice of doctors and hospital that these facilities would be closer to my residence and I could have a better social life there. We found such a house and put down earnest money and waited for a reply from the lien holder. and heard nothing after a month, not even an acknowledgement of our offer. Both of us got a little upset with this attitude from the lien holder. Short sales are a pain in the ass. We soured on the deal-nice house, but not that nice. We terminated the offer.

So where does that leave me/us now ? I have an RV that I want to sell so I am not responsible for it. I am not using it and every year I keep it the less it is worth, time to get it sold. Then what ? Good question. I keep thinking of Mexico and San Miguel. In my minds eye I can see every corner of the the Jardine and the streets and sidewalks leading there. In my mind I can hear the rockets going off and see them burst in the air and feel/hear the drums of the marchers parading the streets celebrating their culture robustly. I miss sitting at my favorite table in a restaurant facing the Parrish church and Jardine watching the lights twinkle on the church and hearing the bells ring the hour. I miss the musicians and singers on that little park singing old and new standards and enjoying life. I miss it all .....

1 comment:

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.