Julia

Julia

Monday, January 5, 2009


I have returned to Mexico. I have rented a one bedroom apartment near the Warren Hardy Language School in San Miguel Allende Guanajato Mexico. It is nice to be back here in San Miguel and walking the narrow sidewalks shopping at the same stores I have before and listening to the language that hopefully I will one day be able to use.


This is Monday and I just had my first lesson for level three and I am excited; the lesson went well and my partner for the class appears to be amiable. The class is small less then ten persons, so the feeling is rather close and should add to the instruction. I am surprised by what I have remembered and what I have not remembered. I had dinner last night at a restaurant across from the Jardine and while I was eating I could hear the sound of the church bells as the windows were open and it was a warm evening in January. Very pleasing indeed.


I went grocery shopping this morning so that I could have some meals here at the apartment and save time and money. My purpose here is to learn Spanish and I endeavore to keep on target and achieve my goal of speaking Spanish easily and not stumble around and make gross mistakes, a lofty goal, but this is why I am here.

No comments: