Julia

Julia

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Plans for visiting Mexico

We have made plans to visit San Miguel Allende Mexico. For a long time I have heard about this town located about four and half hours from Mexico City. I have wanted to visit there and see for myself what it is like and not just depend on the opinions of others who have visited there.

I have gleaned a lot of information from the book Falling In Love With San Miguel by Carol Schmidt and Norma Hair. However, there is nothing like verifying for yourself the reality of being there. Their reality and my reality may not be the same. Although I have been to Mexico before and so far enjoy the quirkiness and sometimes to this Gringa and other Gringos the baffling ways Mexican's go about doing things. I just go on the assumption that it is their country and they get to do it their way, it is up to me to adapt.

I will update this blog as to our plans and help keep you informed as to our plans and adventures.

No comments: